10 Best Browsers For Old, Slow PCs (2020 Edition)
After the arrival of Windows 10, things have changed considerably. Now web browsers are focusing more on features and they now consume lots of storage and RAM memory. Some of us are still using an older version of Windows like Windows XP, Windows 7, etc.
It’s no doubt that the older version of Windows are better than the current Windows 10, still, tech giants like Google, Mozilla, Opera Software, etc have already dropped its browser support for the older desktop operating system.
Best Browsers For Old, Slow PCs (2020 Edition)
So, now even if you choose to use Google Chrome browser on Windows XP or Windows 7, you can expect a few bugs and crashes. So, to deal with such issues, we have compiled a list of best web browsers for old and slow computers. These web browsers don’t depend on high-end hardware configuration to run on a machine. So, let’s check out
K-Melon is one of the oldest web browsers available on the web which incorporates Firefox’s Gecko engine. The great thing about K-Melon is that it has few similarities with Mozilla Firefox and it’s one of the best web browsers for old computers. However, there’s no addon or extension support for K-Melon, but the browser offers lots of useful plug-ins to expand the browser functionalities.
- The web browser is based on the Gecko layout engine, which is used by Firefox.
- K-melon brings a tabbed browsing experience on a low-end system.
- It also supports mouse gestures.
- You can also customize the toolbar, menu, context menu, etc.
If you are looking for a web browser that’s developed with a WebKit rendering engine and is capable to compete with the Chrome browser when it comes to speed, then Midori might be an excellent choice. The great thing about the Midori browser is that the browser doesn’t have any unnecessary settings and it has a clean interface. What’s more interesting is its plugin support which can greatly expand the browser’s functionality.
- It’s an open-source and lightning-fast web browser for Windows.
- The web browser provides you with all the tools to guarantee your privacy and anonymity.
- The user interface of the web browser is pretty clean.
3. Pale Moon
Pale Moon is another best lightweight browser that is derived from Firefox’s source code. If you are looking for a browser to run on Windows XP and Vista, then you can pick Pale Moon. Guess what? Pale Moon needs less than 256MB of RAM to run on your computer. Not just that, but the web browser is also optimized enough to run on old processors. So, Pale Moon is another best web browser which you can use on your Old computer.
- It’s an open-source web browser that focuses on efficiency and customization.
- Pale moon offers lots of security features.
- It automatically blocks ads, web trackers, and Spywares.
4. Maxthon 5
Maxthon 5 is one of the best browsers which is right now used by millions of users. The great thing about Maxthon 5 is that it needs less than 512 MB RAM, 64 MB of storage, and a 1GHz Processor to run flawlessly. The browser has extensive cloud synchronization and backup options that can sync data across devices. Apart from that, Maxthon 5 also has a built-in adblocker which removes ads from the webpages that you visit.
- The web browser is lightweight and fast.
- Maxthon 5 shows the shortcuts for commonly used Windows tools on the toolbar.
- It also provides users a ‘Night Mode’ to reduce eye damage & high brightness.
- Maxthon 5 also offers a screen-capture tool, Reader Mode, and custom skins.
Well, Mozilla has ended its browser support for Windows Vista and Windows XP. However, if you are an old computer or laptop is running on Windows 7 operating system, then Firefox is still a better choice than the Chrome browser. Unlike the Chrome browser, Firefox doesn’t consume more RAM and demands a high CPU.
- Firefox is right now the best Google Chrome alternative for Windows.
- Compared to other web browsers, Firefox is fast and lightweight.
- It automatically blocks ads and trackers from the webpages.
- The latest version of Firefox also got a dark mode.
It’s one of the oldest web browsers available out there for Windows computers. It has been around for more than 10 years and still, it’s used by lots of users. The web browser is meant for a regular web browser and since it’s a lightweight browser, it misses out on lots of modern features like adblocker, VPN, etc.
- The web browser has a built-in ad blocker that blocks ads from the web pages.
- SeaMonkey also has a Safe mode that helps you to solve problems that might occur.
- It also offers lots of lightweight themes to give the browser a personal touch.
Well, Lunascape is basically a combination of Firefox, Chrome, Safari, and Internet explorer. It’s an extremely lightweight web browser that has Trident, Gecko, and WebKit bundled into a single browser. The interface looks similar to the internet explorer and its light on resources.
- The web browser uses the Gecko Engine, which makes it blazing fast.
- Lunascape lets you switch the rendering engine for any page.
- The web browser supports the add-ons of Firefox.
8. Slim Browser
It’s one of the best and lightning-fast web browser for an old computer. Despite being a lightweight browser, it doesn’t miss out on any modern features like a download manager, webpage translation, ad blocker, etc. Apart from that, Slim Browser also shows weather conditions and forecasts.
- The web browser is lightning fast. It offers ten times faster file & video download speed.
- Slim Browser got a built-in ad-blocker.
- The web browser also offers a fully customizable toolbar.
- Slim Browser also has gestures support that lets you get things done in less time.
Comodo IceDragon is one of the fastest, secure, and feature-rich web browsers that you can use on Windows PC. The web browser is based on Firefox which makes it fast and light on PC resources. It got the ability to scan web-pages for malware right from the browser. Apart from that, it got an integrated DNS service to boost the browsing speed.
- The web browser is fast, easy to use, and light on system resources.
- It automatically scans and blocks malicious webpages.
- The web browser supports every Firefox plug-ins.
10. UR Browser
it’s the last web browser on the list which doesn’t put a strain on your computer resources. To increase the page loading speed, UR Browser eliminates ads and web trackers. While doing so, it also protects your data privacy. UR Browser is based on Chromium, so you can expect lots of Chrome type features. It also got a built-in VPN and an integrated malware scanner.
- The web browser is fast, and it’s completely ad-free.
- It offers lots of tools to control your privacy.
- The web browser also got a built-in virus scanner.
So, these are the best web browsers which you can use on your old or slow computer. If you know any other browsers like these, then let us know in the comment box below. I hope this article helped you! Share it with your friends also.